The Richmond Farmers Market is open from 3:00pm-6:00pm this Friday on Volunteers Green in Richmond. It should be a lot of fun with live music music from The Fog a Richmond-based band that plays acoustic-folk- rock-jam music to keep you moving your toes and put a smile on your face!
The Duck Race is on! Support the non-profit Radiate Art Space to raise money to restore their windows in the Town Center – lower level. Having natural light in the art studio will make a huge difference to everyone creating there. You can buy your ducks on the day – $20 for 5 ducks or $5 each. Ducks will be dropped off the red bridge and float down the Winooski River at the end of the Farmer’s Market — approx. 6pm. There are great prizes, too: the first duck to cross the finish line will win $100 in cash. Second place is a $50 gift card to Hatchet, with third place a $25 gift card to Sweet Simone’s. Please support this great community event!
We’ll also have face painting for kids and kids at heart presented by REAP Construction. Plus fresh local food, and amazing crafts from local artisans! We’re always happy to feature local meat, fresh produce, talented artisans, incredible baked goods, sweet syrups, honey, jams, and delicious drinks for everyone to enjoy.
LOCAL MEAT & CHEESE
- Maple Wind Farm has local beef, pork & poultry.
- Rolling Meadows Farm has local roaster chickens and beef.
- The Last Resort Farm has certified organic ginger, garlic, turmeric, garlic braids, tomatoes, beets,carrots, winter squash, and more. Call 453-2847 to order bulk amounts of onions, garlic, squash,sweet potatoes, carrots, and beets for winter.
- Home Farm is featuring lettuce, tomatoes, ground beef, onions, red potatoes, apples, cider, carrots!
- Old Road Farm will be bringing greens, arugula, radishes, squash, spicy kimchi and much more.
- Lalumiere Farm has tomatoes, squash, cucumbers, greens, broccoli, cabbage, and fresh made salads, salsa & more!.
- Stone Beach Farm will have WATERMELON, Cantaloupe and hot & sweet Peppers, and more.
PREPARED FOOD READY TO EAT
- Streetgreens is serving up wraps, sandwiches, salads and bowls of local, delicious ingredients.
- Kadrics is serving hot burkes, baklava, veggie rolls and stuffed cabbage.
- Pie Empire has handmade meat pies: veggie curry, steak & ale, buffalo chicken & more!
- Fisher Brothers farm has small batch ice cream with local berries! Black Velvet, which is blackberries blended in chocolate ice cream & Chaste Anne, which is yellow Anne variety raspberries blended in vanilla.
- Maria’s Maple Goodies’ fresh baked maple sandwich cookies, maple cinnamon raisin sticky buns & more
- Good Companion Bakery has hearty breads, sweet treats, and breakfast pastries.
- Bee Happy honey, comb honey, beeswax candles, honey lemonade
- Walker’s Maple Syrup offers maple syrup, maple candy and maple bourbon syrup
- Oak Knoll Apothecary & Jewelry handmade jewelry, organic body products, & aromatherapy products
- Radiate Art Space will be hosting the Rubber Duck Race from the bridge!!!
- Sunflower Soaps offers hand made soaps and body care products.
- Bee Happy has beeswax candles.
- Soren Oren’s will be selling Richmond T-shirts.
- Bee Happy has tasty honey lemonade, shaken on the spot.
- The One Coffee Company will have iced coffee, pour over, bags of roasted beans.
- Stonecutter Spirits has bottles and samples of their gin and whiskey.
Please remember that parking for the Farmers Market is not permitted in the privately-owned portion of the lot. If you can bike or walk to the market, that’s great, if not please find additional parking in the back parking lot behind the baseball fields and the town offices parking lot up the street. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!
We’ll see you at the market RAIN OR SHINE!
The Richmond Farmers Market has a website with photos of what you’ll find at the Market. Check it out at http://richmondfarmersmarketvt.org
The Richmond Farmers Market is open from 3:00pm-6:00pm this Friday on Volunteers Green in Richmond. Come and meet your Local Growers and Buy Local. Don’t forget, the Richmond Farmers Market accepts EBT, Debit, and Credit cards. For our EBT customers, we can double up to $10 per market day of EBT buying power with coupons!
See you Friday!